A delicious way to enjoy mac and cheese with butternut squash!
1 butternut squash, cut in half and de-seeded
1 small onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
1 lb pkg Rigatoni pasta
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with vegetable spray and set aside.
- Place the prepared butternut squash onto the baking dish and into the oven. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until it is fork-tender. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Heat a sauté pan on the stove and spray with vegetable spray. Add the onion and chopped garlic sautéing for about 2 minutes or until it is very fragrant. Remove from the heat and transfer to your blender.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and return it to the pot.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out the roasted butternut squash into the blender with the onions and garlic. Add the vegetable stalk to the blender. Puree until smooth. If needed, adjust the vegetable stock to get the right consistency you’re wanting.
- Pour the pureed butternut squash mixture into the cooked pasta and sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Fold everything together and heat through to melt the cheese. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Click here to get additional recipes from Chef Bryan.