Delicious Jackfruit Biryani Recipe:- Jackfruit Biryani is a biryani made with raw unripe jackfruit. It is an exotic recipe with amazing taste and aroma. This dish is a delicious meal for a special occasion and is loved by all. Let’s follow this recipe.
– 200 grams Jack-fruit (Kathal), chopped into small pieces
– 90 grams Yogurt (Curd)
– 2-1/2 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
– 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
– 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
– 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
– 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
– Salt to taste
– 4 cups Basmati rice
– 3 tablespoon Cooking oil
– 3 Onions
– 2 inch Cinnamon Stick
– 4 Cardamom pods
– 4 Cloves
– 1 Black cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
– 1 Star anise
– 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
– Coriander leaves (Dhania), a few sprigs chopped
– Mint Leaves (Pudina), a few sprigs chopped
– 4 Green Chilies
– Orange color, a few drops
– Salt to taste
– 2 tablespoon Ghee
– 10 Cashew nuts, toasted for garnish
1. Grease your hands, a sharp serrated knife and chopping board with oil and cut both the ends of the jackfruit and peel the skin like a pineapple and remove the seeds if any and chop it into desired cubes.
2. Boil water in a saucepan, add the jackfruit pieces with some salt and boil for 10-15 minutes and when the pieces are soft enough, drain the water and allow them to cool.
3. Chop the onions and deep fry them to golden brown in the oil and remove them on the tissue paper and set it aside.
4. Marinate the jackfruit with the spices mentioned under ‘For marination’.
5. Wash and soak rice for 1/2 an hour and boil the water in a large saucepan, add soaked rice to it along with salt and 1 bay leaf, 1black cardamom, 2 green cardamom, 2cloves, 1 inch cinnamon, and star anise.
6. Cook the rice until its 70 % cooked and once it is 70 % cooked, drain the water and keep the rice aside.
7. In a pan add the remaining whole spices, marinated jackfruit, mint, coriander and spread it equally.
8. Now add the rice and spread it, add ghee and sprinkle the orange color and cover the pan with aluminum foil and put in on low flame for 25 minutes on dum.
9. After 25 minutes, switch off the flame.
10. Serve Jackfruit Biryani with any raita of your choice.