When we’re looking to gauge what our readers are craving, we check out the most-liked recipes on the HuffPost Taste Instagram account. Though this year started off relatively normal, the foods we ate starting in March gave an indication of how our lives were changing.
In March, the most popular recipes were pantry-friendly rice dishes and deep-dish cookie bowls that can be eaten in one’s pajamas. Then in April, whipped Dalgona coffee was everywhere. America’s collective sweet tooth got the best of readers in May and June, with chocolate cake, strawberry cobbler and a cake/cheesecake mashup making the list. Peaches were in high demand in July and August, but in September and October cravings turned to lemon butter pasta, chicken fingers, a burrata-topped ragu and more comforting fare. And then once November came, it was all about Thanksgiving and holiday food.
Below, take a stroll through the 20 most-loved recipes from 2020. It may have been a difficult year, but it was still a delicious one (well, maybe not every day).
20. Skillet Pesto Cheese Lasagna Roll Ups
19. Meyer Lemon Bars
18. Caramel Cheesecake Layer Cake
17. One Pot Chicken and Mushroom Orzo
16. Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
15. Lemon Butter Pasta With Chicken
14. Loaded Olive Cheese Bread
13. Hot Honey Hasselback Butternut Squash
12. Deep Dish Cookie Bowls For Two
11. Creamy Garlic Tuscan Salmon
10. Decadent Chocolate Chip Muffins
9. Garlic Red Pepper Chicken
8. Peach and Serrano Pepper Salad With Burrata
7. Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Ravioli
6. Healthier Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini Vegetable Soup
5. The Most Perfect Moist Chocolate Cake
4. No Bake Caramel Cheesecake Bars
3. Grandma’s Meat Sauce Pasta
2. Cheesy Herb Stuffed Naan
1. Butterscotch Graham Cracker Cheesecake Bars