- Baylor brings a five-match win streak into the weekend series against Texas Tech.
- This is the ninth streak of at least five victories during sixth-year head coach Ryan McGuyre‘s tenure.
- The Bears have held steady at No. 2 in all three editions of the AVCA’s fall coaches poll.
AGAINST THE RED RAIDERS
- Baylor has won each of the last three meetings with Texas Tech, including two consecutive sweeps.
- BU has claimed each of the last eight contests against TTU in Lubbock.
- Texas Tech leads the all-time series 48-36 and 25-16 in Lubbock.
- Under McGuyre, the Bears are 9-1 against the Red Raiders.
- Of the 10 matchups during the McGuyre era, five have resulted in Baylor sweeps.
CAN YOU DIG IT?
- Junior L/DS Shanel Bramschreiber was named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week on Oct. 13 after recording 39 digs in two matches against Oklahoma, 4.88 per set.
- Bramschreiber posted a career-high in both matches vs. the Sooners, tallying 19 digs in the five-set thriller on Oct. 8 and following that up with a 20-dig performance in the three-set sweep on Oct. 9.
- “Nelly” has reached double-digit digs in each of her last four matches.
- This is the first-career weekly conference honor for Bramschreiber.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Baylor is currently second in the nation in team hitting percentage at .327.
- Sophomore Kara McGhee is sixth nationally with a .450 efficiency.
- The Bears place in the top-15 of five statistical categories as a team: hitting percentage (.327, 2nd), opponent’s hitting percentage (.152, 9th), kills per set (13.36, 12th), assists per set (12.27, 12th), service aces (28, 14th).
- In three of Baylor’s six matches this season, the Bears have had three players reach double-figures in kills.
- So far, BU has seen a total of 14 double-digit kill performances from its offense.
- Four Bears have accounted for the 14 double-digit outings: Yossiana Pressley (5), Kara McGhee (4), Lauren Harrison (3) and Marieke van der Mark (2).
CLIMBING THE LEADERBOARDS
- Senior Yossiana Pressley has surpassed 1,500 career kills and is within reach of third place on Baylor’s all-time leaderboard.
- The Cypress, Texas native needs just 10 kills to take sole possession of third place.
- Pressley enters Friday’s match third in the rally-scoring era with 1,539 career kills and needs just nine kills to pass Katie Sanders for second place. Upon reaching the mark, Pressley will trail only Katie Staiger on the rally scoring leaderboard.